Members of Council are holding a number of ward meetings over the next few days to hear from you about the City’s budget before the budget is passed. See London.ca/budget for more details
- Ward 7 & 8 – Saturday, January 25, 2020, 2pm to 4pm, Sherwood Library located at the common Space at the front, 1225 Wonderland Road North (hosted by Councillor Morgan and Councillor Lehman)
- Ward 5, 6 & 7 – Saturday, February 8, 2020, 10am to 12pm, Masonville Library located in the Sifton Room, 30 N Centre Rd (hosted by Councillor Cassidy, Councillor Morgan and Councillor Squire)
- Ward 1 – Saturday, February 8, 2020, 2pm to 4pm, Hamilton Road Seniors Centre, 525 Hamilton Road (hosted by Councillor van Holst)
- Ward 4, 6 & 13 – Monday, February 10, 2020, 6:30pm to 8:30pm, Real Canadian Superstore, 2nd Floor, 825 Oxford Street East (hosted by Councillor Helmer, Councillor Kayabaga and Councillor Squire)
- Ward 1 – Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 5pm to 7pm, Pond Mills Branch Library, 1166 Commissioners Road East (hosted by Councillor van Holst)
Budget Timetable (all meetings at City Hall)
Property Tax & Water/Wastewater & Treatment Budget Review
- January 30, 2020, 9:30am at Strategic Priorities and Policy Committee (SPPC)
- January 31, 2020 9:30am at SPPC
February 6, 2020, 9:30am at SPPC
February 7, 2020, 9:30am at SPPC
February 13, 2020, 9:30am at SPPC
February 14, 2020, 9:30am at SPPC
Budget Public Participation Meeting
- February 13, 2020, 6pm at SPPC
Property Tax & Water/Wastewater & Treatment Budget Approval
- March 2, 2020, 4pm at Council
You can watch budget meetings live at london.ca/livestreaming
From Councillor Squire
I have now scheduled two fall community meetings. The dates and location are:
Thursday, October 19 from noon to 2 pm in the Food Court at Cherryhill Mall and
Monday, October 23 from 7 to 9 pm in the Vitali Lounge at King’s University College
These are important meetings as the staff who are dealing with these projects will be there. The new project leader for Bus Rapid Transit, Jennie Ramsay, will be there as well as Dr. Chris Mackie the City Medical Officer of Health to discuss Injection sites. There will also be time to discuss any other subjects. I hope you can make it.
Phil Squire, City Councillor Ward 6
Continue reading “Councillor Squire Ward Meetings, Neighbourhood Decision Making, and Wonderland Road”
Secondary Dwelling Units
At this week’s city Council meeting, the Council decided to permit secondary dwelling units as of right in all areas of the City including the Near Campus area that we are part of. The vote was 8-4 with Councillors Squire and Turner speaking on maintaining the limitation. Councillors Hubert and Morgan also voted to maintain the limitation. Councillors Usher and Zaifman were absent, and Councillor Hopkins had a conflict of interest and could not vote.
Continue reading “End of July News”
A community meeting has been scheduled to discuss the vision and goals for London’s near-campus neighbourhoods.
Date: Thursday, November 19
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: St. Peter’s Basilica Cathedral Auditorium, 506 Richmond Street
This City-led meeting relates to possible changes to the Great Near Campus policies of the City. These policies include the limit on the number of bedrooms for new housing. As these policies are important to the quality of our neighbourhood, you are encouraged to attend. If you can’t make it, but would like to comment, contact the City’s Planner listed on the flyer.
Background information on these policies, including the Terms of Reference for this review, can be found at the following URL:
From Councillor Squire re: Extension of Overnight Parking to November 1
Please respond by Monday, August 31 to email@example.com
A proposal will be coming before City Council to extend overnight parking on city streets to November 1.
Continue reading “Overnight Parking and Other Community News”