On Thursday, March 7 at Orchard Park Public School at 7 pm, the city and its consultant will be presenting its work to date on the city’s Climate Change Adaptation Strategy for the Medway Creek. This review includes the entire portion of the Medway that is in the City of London.
This year, the City is conducting an update to the Conservation Master Plan for the Medway Valley Heritage Forest Environmentally Significant Area from south of Fanshawe to where it meets the Thames River. This will include a review of trails in the Valley. The proposed timeline is as follows.
A summary of the project and its objectives which was provided by the City is available here. This project will involve all communities that border the Medway, not just ours. Dates and locations of meetings will be on the city’s web site and the community web site and on Facebook. More information will be provided when available.
- Project start – March 2013
- Site Inventories – end March to end September 2013
- Preliminary draft report – late October 2013
- Public Information Meeting – one at the start of the process (March-April 2013) and one to present results of the study (November 2013)
- Finalize Phase I report – December 1 2013
City Council retained money in the budget to replace trees cut due to the Emerald Ash Borer. The replanting of trees cut down this past fall should take place this year.
In addition to the replanting, anyone may request the City to have a tree planted on the City owned portion of your front lawn. The City will assess the site and if appropriate, will add you to their ongoing planting plan (even if you didn’t lose a tree to the ash borer). To make a request:
– visit www.milliontrees.ca
– click on “I Want A Tree” and then click on “Suggest Locations for New Trees”
– Complete the tree request form. Click to submit and then you are done.
You can also call the city at 519-661-5783
The Ratepayers are members of The Urban League of London, an umbrella group for neighbourhood organizations in the city. One of its roles is public education. On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, you are invited to:
An Evening with Greg Levine, an Integrity Commissioner
London Public Library
Central Branch- Stevenson & Hunt Room
251 Dundas Street
Please go to http://urbanleagueoflondon-eorg.eventbrite.com/# for more information and to reserve a spot.