Orchard Park Public School BOUNDARY REVIEW
The boundary review process has been extended following the Community Meeting held on Monday, Nov. 28. Here is the new schedule:
• Mon. Dec. 5: Focus group to re-convene to establish boundary scenarios for consideration by the 4 school communities
• TBA (by Dec 14): Orchard Park & Sherwood Forest schools will be holding Town Hall Meetings to explain the scenarios (DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED)
• Thurs. Dec. 15: Input forms distributed to families within the 4 schools
• Mon. Dec 19: Input forms due back to the school
• Fri. Dec. 30: Due date to submit Presenters Package http://www.tvdsb.ca/files/78949/presenters_package_feb2011.pdf to Board if you (parent and/or community member) want to speak at the Board meeting of January 10th, 2012. Send the completed form to the attention of Kelly Aitken (Fax 519-452-2256, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail/drop off to 1250 Dundas Street, London N5W 5P2 to Ms. Aitken’s attention
• January 10: Community Input to the Board of Trustees, 1250 Dundas, approx 7 pm. (Must have submitted the complete presenter’s package by Dec 30th).
• January 10: Senior Administration Report and recommendation to the Board of Trustees (this will hopefully be on the Board’s web site a day before the meeting)
• January 24: Board of Trustees slated to vote on Senior Administration’s recommendation, approx 7 pm (check the on-line agenda the day before the meeting)
It is very important that we get a large percentage of surveys completed even though the Board limits replies to school families. People are encouraged to keep in touch with families in the neighbourhood who have children at Orchard Park or Sherwood Forest to ensure the surveys are being completed and returned.
Medway Valley Heritage Forest ESA North Trail Planning Project
There is a Dec. 7th meeting on the Medway Valley North at Sunningdale Country Club, 6:30 – 8:30 pm to discuss the Medway Valley Heritage Forest ESA North Trail Planning Project
The City has a website for this Medway project.
Even though the Medway is being dealt with as an “exceptional circumstance” in relation to how other trails and paved paths in other Environmentally Significant Areas might be handled, I personally feel there will still be some precedents set which will affect future dealings in other parts of the Medway Valley.
Sherwood Forest School site discussions
If you wish to join the discussion about the future of the Sherwood Forest School site as reviewed at the Ratepayers’ meeting on November 24th, the next meeting is December 15th at 7 pm at 58 Doncaster Place.