Sherwood Forest Public School Site
A reminder of the City-led meeting this coming Wednesday, September 3, at 7 PM at City Hall, 2nd floor. Parking on the street is free after 6 pm.
Our Adoption of the Medway Valley Environmentally Significant Area
Ruth Walton and Patti Prieur are our leaders on this initiative. They invite you to contact them for more information and invite everyone to attend a city event next Saturday. See this poster for more information.
Ward 6 All Candidate Meeting
An All Candidate Meeting for Ward 6 will be held on October 9 at Cherryhill Mall, 7 pm, (election day is October 27). Your Executive is working on a date for an all candidates meeting in the neighbourhood. Please let Sandy Levin know if you think we should also invite trustee candidates to hear from them as well. We have in the past, but with the change in responsibilities and powers, is not clear how important their role is.
There will be a presentation and demonstration of Tai Chi on September 10th from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Sherwood Forest branch library. The event is free with no registration required.
‘Tis the season where some homes in our area become or continue to be rentals. We are working to ensure that they are all identified and properly licensed by the city. Please let Sandy know of any addresses you would like checked, or contact the Residential Rental Units Licensing number below.
- By law enforcement (confidential reporting) – 519-661-4660
- Residential Rental Units Licensing enquiries – 519-930-3515
- Medway Valley (reporting of inappropriate uses) – UTRCA- Dan Jones- 519-451-2800 ext. 281
- London Police non-emergency calls – 519-661-5670
- Councillor Branscombe – City Hall- 519-661-2500 ext 7014/Residence- 519-432-1100
The University is back in session and there will, of course, be some noise from orientation activities. If you do hear disruptive noise, please contact Glenn Matthews at the University. Glenn is also the housing officer and very helpful if you have students who are not good neighbours. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-661-3787
Over the course of the summer a number of construction projects began or continued. Some of these projects are on the verge of completion, while others will be carrying on into the new academic year. All of these projects are worth noting, as they will impact the way we all get around campus.
For campus construction updates visit http://uwo.ca/fm/projects/capital_projects/index.html
Springett Parking Lot: On August 29, the Brescia Lane entrance to the Springett Parking Lot will close permanently. Cars will now enter the Springett Parking Lot from a new, shared entrance with Huron University College on Western Road.
This newly developed intersection will serve both Western and Huron staff, faculty and student permit-holders and will also provide Western with access to University owned property behind Huron. The new parking lot entrance is located north of the current entrance between Lambton Drive and Elgin Drive, allowing cars to enter Springett from both the southbound and northbound lanes of Western Road.
Any access from University property to a public road requires city permits meaning none is planned at this time that will directly impact our area.
Upcoming Events at TD Stadium
We list these to let you know about potential traffic and noise impacts. Please let us know if you find them helpful.
– Sat Aug 30 – Beefeater Football – 7pm
– Sat Sept 6 – Orientation Soccer Games – 1pm / 3pm
– Fri Sept 12 – Beefeater Football – 8pm
– Mon Sep 15 – United Way Football – 11am
– Tues Sep 17 – United Way Football – 11am
– Thur Sep 18 – United Way Football – 11am
– Sat Sep 20 – Homecoming Football vs Toronto – 1pm
– Mon Sep 22 – United Way Football – 11am
– Tues Sep 23 – United Way Football – 9:30am and 12pm
– Wed Sep 24 – United Way Football – 9:30am and 12pm
– Thur Sep 25 – United Way Football – 9:30am and 12pm
– Sat Sep 27/Sun Sep 28 – Varsity Field Hockey Tournament
– Thurs Oct 2 – United Way Football – 9:30am and 12pm
– Sat Oct 4 – Mustang Football vs McMaster – 1pm
– Thurs Oct 9 – Mustang Football vs Laurier – 7pm
– Sat Oct 11 – Beefeater Football – 8pm
– Sat Oct 18 – Beefeater Football – 7pm
– Sat Oct 25 – Mustang Football vs Windsor – 1pm
– Sat Nov 1, 8, 15, & 22 – Mustang Football Playoffs – tba 1pm
– Sat Nov 15 – Thames Valley High School Football – 10am-10pm